Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday 2011

Ok so I have to Blog about this weekend , First of all I have never had black friday off  before and I thought it would be awesome to go with my Wife to see what all the hype was about from a Customers point of view. We first decided to go with Candice to Saratoga Springs Wal-Mart and when we got there they were parking blocks away and walking on the streets just to get there so we bailed on that Wal-Mart. We then drove past another Wal-Mart and it was bursting at the seams.... So we went to the Sandy Wal-mart and I cant belive it I found a parking space right at the front. We went in and the line for garden center registers was all the way to the front of the store just to get checked out.. And People were just Smushed together not moving it was crazy. I thought what a disaster of course I would think that after I seen all the palletts on the floor and merchandise scattered all over the place from Customers diving thru everything. My Wife and I made it thru ok of course size in this case does matter when I say excuse me its like they didnt give it a second thought and moved.We managed to find just about everything we needed and made it to the Laptops but they managed to mess that process up and I was not about to wait in line just to be told sorry we messed up and I will tell you if it feels like you are not going to get what you need just keep moving because they are not kidding. We waited in three lines untill we found a line up front that had just three Customers in it but it still took 35 minutes to get to the check outs and even at that point the poor Associates were just stressed out and didnt know what to do with the amount of people that were in there before midninght. We finally made it thru a little disapointed on the way we were talked to but we didnt want to make matters worse and decided to get the heck out of there I can understand the stress . We went back to Wal-mart the next day and found the rest of our list and very Happy Faces and Customer service was awesome they took care of our hang up from the day before and we were happy to spend our money there. Got a Christmas tree for Half off at Sams and some yummmmy Pizza mmmm Can not resist. Laura did realy good at getting what was on her list and I was being a good husband by saying ok dear yes dear the whole time atleast thats my version of the story. I have been in Managment for Wal-mart for almost 8 years and ran Black Friday when we had Layaway and I understand  the hustle and bustle. But from a shopping aspect it is a sport that I did not traine for and I dont think I would. It was nice being with my Wife thru this experiance and us having a great time laughing together and searching for the deals. I am greatful that there are so many great deals that these retailers put on so we are able to save a little money for Christmas. Most of our itmes were $10.00 or less and thats a big savings. Ok just wanted to share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment